Click on collage above for a larger version
Sorry for the lack of posts of late! It has been really hectic and you probably saw on my FB Page that I traveled to the sunny beaches of Sardinia for the Queen’s Jubilee Long Weekend (how Un-British of me!) and now that I’m back in London, I’ve only a few days here before I jet set back to Melbourne so I’ve been running around a bit like a headless chook but I really wanted to sneak in this styling session post before I left.
My first T-Styled Me Styling session was with the very smart and beautiful Gee who mentioned a few months ago that she was thinking about getting a leather jacket but hadn’t quite found “the one” yet. Upon hearing this, my mind shifted into overdrive – It’s as though my brain’s internally wired to detect people with shopping needs, even if they don’t ask for help, so this particular challenge had me instantly filtering the ‘Leather Jacket’ mental archives. A few options immediately came to mind but were dismissed after discussing with Gee her colour preferences, budget and desired look. I wanted her to try the options I’d narrowed down and I was lucky enough to convince her to leave work early and let me take her shopping …
I’m keen for you guys to get to know a little more about Gee, especially as styling should always be about understanding who you’re working with and their personality, so in a bid to do this virtually, here are a few details about Gee.
Gee’s Profile Stats
- G’s Height: 5 ft 4” (1.65m)
- Skin tone: Dark / Brown
- Build: Slender and athletic
- G’s Body shape: Boyish / Rectangular (I’ll do a body shape post soon!)
- General Clothing size: Size Small (S) i.e UK/AUS size 8.
- Tops: 8 UK/AUS and Bottoms: 8 – 10 UK/AUS depending on cut
- Lifestyle: Active and busy – Gee loves a gym workout, running and cycling
- Shopping preference: Generally a ‘Needs’ more so than on a ‘Wants’ basis
- Shopping frequency: On average, once every few months
- Style: Smart, relaxed and casual
- Personality (in three words): Super intelligent, fun and down-to-earth (All in my opinion!)
Gee’s Leather Jacket criteria
- A simple Black or Brown Leather Jacket with little detailing (i.e no faux fur or shearling lining) that could be thrown over casual dresses come the cooler Summer evenings in London but more so to wear with a t-shirt and jeans / trousers / shorts – pieces she frequents outside work hours.